1) Hubby just informed me that the freezer door was left open overnight, and everything in it is not even cold... in other words, ruined.
This is extremely frustrating, especially since we're short on cash at the moment, and we had a LOT of venison steaks, sausage, frozen pizzas, fish, etc out there.
2) I have a hospitality team meeting tonight. I love being a part of this group, but every time I have one of these meetings, my hubby gets irritated and gives me a hard time because it takes me away from home on a weeknight (which means he has to be in charge of the princess and the pets).
3) We are BROKE at the moment. Kind of ironic really... Financial Peace University inspired us to use our debit card instead of credit card. Trouble is, our income doesn't always come in at the right times to be able to cover all of the expenses we incur right away.
Hence the reason we got hit with an NSF fee last week... Fortunately, I called and they were gracious enough to credit it back. But then last night I sat down and went through the checkbook again and found that we're already almost back to that point again! I know Dave Ramsey would advise against it, but I've resolved that we must use our credit card to keep from getting NSF fees.
I will still do the envelope system for groceries, restaurants, clothing, etc. But I will use my Visa credit account to pay for things I can't avoid or change (medical costs/prescriptions, Vet bills, and tolls/gas). We'll see how that plan goes...
Feels good to vent...
Sorry you are not having a good day. Sending good vibe thoughts your way. Actually, the punk in me says throw ruined fish sticks at hubby, but I suppose that would not be very nice. So, back to sending good vibes.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the freezer - and you didn't even mention it at the meeting! You contribute so much to the work of our hospitality group - I'm sorry you pay such a price. Praying for all of the above.
ReplyDeleteUgh... what a convergence of stressful stuff!
ReplyDelete(In our house, the response to your hubby's irritation would be, "Well. Life is just a struggle, isn't it?" Perhaps not the most loving response, but it's said half-jokingly and works for us.)