Last week was fast and furious... incredibly exhausting, and yet energizing at the same time... I guess that's how you know you're in the right place...
The people at this meeting inspire(d) me in so many ways. Of course, there are some really negative perspectives out there, and a lot of complaining tends to happen at these "church meetings," but I tend to see the good.... I think it's good to vent, to share frustrations and talk things out. You can't really accomplish anything unless you do that!
The conversations that took place filled me with excitement, passion, and hope for the future. The constant responsibilities I had kept me moving each day, beginning at 7:00am and ending about 11:00pm. Yes, long days, I know... but I really did enjoy it! I was serving others in one of the ways for which God created me. I admit I whined a little about the exhaustion, but I don't know that I ever stopped smiling!
Now that it's over and I'm back home, I'm feeling quite different - kinda depressed really. Although I have much to do to get organized from all of the stuff "accomplished" at the meeting, it's so quiet, and I miss the crazy hub-bub and the interaction with all the people. Some people are completely drained by these types of meetings. I am the opposite... I believe they are where I shine the brightest.
Prayer for today:
Lord, please remind me and fill me again with the passion and hope that I felt while serving at the meeting last week. Energize me to keep the momentum going, so that I may complete the tasks and organize the things that need to be organized, in order that our group might be able to truly accomplish the goals they established at their meeting last week. Guide me, Lord, through each moment of this day. Help me to stay focused and deliver me from the temptation to be dragged down into feelings of depression. You are my hope, my strength, my healer in all things! AMEN.
Nearly New Year Friday Five
14 years ago
Amen!
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't get to talk w/you yesterday... I had to run out to donate blood...
I just learned about a blog hug. (((((((Worried Christian Mom))))))
ReplyDelete