Yesterday we took my daughter to have her MRI done. The half hour leading up to it was filled with anxiety, much of which was self-induced. I woke up about 6:30am (needed to be at the facility to fill out paperwork at 7:45am -- this did NOT give me enough time to take care of the animals, get a shower, eat breakfast, get the baby changed and ready, and get loaded into the car. I skipped the shower and just threw on some jeans and a t-shirt. Didn't even put in contacts. I was already starting the day off track...
We left the house at 7:45, and it's a 10 minute drive without traffic. I got to the facility, and there are 2 buildings that are connected (but of course they have the same address). Of course I went into the wrong one (would've been nice if someone had given me a heads up about which one it was). I was not happy... Said a few choice words that I know I shouldn't have said. It was now 8:00am, the time of her appointment, and I had to load the baby, diaper bag, purse, etc, back into the car so I could drive 5 seconds to go to the other building.
Fortunately my mom had gotten there a little earlier that we did, so she was able to start filling out paperwork. No one said anything about us being late, so it wasn't a big deal.
They put her under anesthesia (gas), which only took about 20 seconds to put her to sleep. The test took about 45 minutes. She was pretty groggy after waking up, but she did well overall. She had her first sucker ever, which she really enjoyed! She was so cute - she knew exactly what to do with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment