Took our daughter for her 2nd MRI yesterday morning... This one didn't take quite as long as the first one, so she came out of it quicker from the anesthesia too. We were home by 8:30am and hung out for a couple hours before heading to her appointment with the neurologist.
The good news is it’s not a large mass or tumor or anything like that. The bad news is, we still don’t really know what it is… There’s what appears to be an enlarged vein in her brain, but there’s no way to know at this point if it’s just a part of her development and will go down on its own, or if it’s something called cortical dysplasia… which if that’s the case, that would be causing the seizures.We will be doing another MRI in the next 3-6 months to check it again and see if any changes have occurred. Until then, it's just keeping up the anti-seizure medicine and praying and hoping that all will turn out ok...
At this point I don't even really know what I'm feeling or thinking about all this... I'm exhausted and overwhelmed and yet somehow still filled with the peace of God. He truly is an amazing God... I can't begin to comprehend how moms can survive these types of things involving their children without faith in God. Without Him, I would be nothing. I would be a pitiful, emotional wreck.
No comments:
Post a Comment