Monday, April 13, 2009

Puppy Love... and Puppy Stress :)

Our family has grown by four paws! I admit it was somewhat impulsive, but we got a new puppy for Easter...

He's only 6 weeks old, and he's quite rambunxious... but he's a real cutie! We had been talking about it for a while, because our 2 year old black lab has seemed kind of lonely... and wouldn't you know, some friends of ours from church just happened to end up with one of those unexpected litters of beautiful mixed-breed puppies (aka "mutts") that they needed to find homes for....

Thus, here we are... our lab isn't sure what to think of the little guy yet, but hopefully they'll warm up to each other soon.

I'm not sure this was the smartest thing to do right now, because it really is like having another newborn baby in the house... another thing to add to my physical exhaustion... but, we made the decision, so now we must face the consequences and take good care of the little guy. We are crate training him, and he's not quite making it through the night yet... but it will get better.

In a way, I think it's good training for us to see what it will be like when we decide to have another baby. Our daughter already gets jealous when I'm holding or playing with the puppy instead of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment